Diane van der Woude MD, PhD
My goal is to help my patients by providing a better understanding of their disease through translational immunological research.
After acquiring a background in basic immunology at Harvard, I have focused on risk factors and autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis during my PhD-research. With a Veni-grant from NWO (the Dutch Research Council), I have been able to establish my own research line on this topic within the Department of Rheumatology at the LUMC in Leiden. In the future, I hope to expand my research to other autoantibody-associated illnesses as well, with the long-term goal of developing a curative/tolerizing therapy.
5 recent publications related to B-cells and antibodies
- Volkov M, van Schie KA, van der Woude D., Autoantibodies and B Cells: The ABC of rheumatoid arthritis pathophysiology. Immunol Rev. 2019 Dec 16. doi: 10.1111/imr.12829. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kampstra ASB, Dekkers JS, Volkov M, Dorjée AL, Hafkenscheid L, Kempers AC, van Delft M, Kissel T, Reijm S, Janssen GMC, van Veelen PA, Bang H, Huizinga TWJ, Trouw LA, van der Woude D, Toes REM., Different classes of anti-modified protein antibodies are induced on exposure to antigens expressing only one type of modification. Ann Rheum Dis. 2019 Jul;78(7):908-916
- de Moel EC, Derksen VFAM, Trouw LA, Bang H, Collée G, Lard LR, Ramiro S, Huizinga TWJ, Allaart CF, Toes REM, van der Woude D. In rheumatoid arthritis, changes in autoantibody levels reflect intensity of immunosuppression, not subsequent treatment response. Arthritis Res Ther. 2019 Jan 18;21(1):28.
- de Moel EC, Rozeman EA, Kapiteijn EH, Verdegaal EME, Grummels A, Bakker JA, Huizinga TWJ, Haanen JB, Toes REM, van der Woude D., Autoantibody Development under Treatment with Immune-Checkpoint Inhibitors. Cancer Immunol Res. 2019 Jan;7(1):6-11
- Dekkers JS, Bergstra SA, Chopra A, Tikly M, Fonseca JE, Salomon-Escoto K, Huizinga TWJ, van der Woude D., Autoantibody status is not associated with early treatment response to first-line methotrexate in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2019 Jan 1;58(1):149-153
Currently supervision PhD research of
- Emma de Moel
- Mikhail Volkov
- Tineke van Wesemael
Supervision of PhD awarded candidates (research related to B-cells and antibodies)
- Jurgen van Heemst
- Jacqueline Dekkers
Work package leader WP3