Dr. Pauline van Schouwenburg
Laboratory for Pediatric Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, WAKZ, Leiden University Medical Center
Dr Pauline van Schouwenburg works on the intersection of immunology and bio-informatics. She combines state-of-the-art techniques such as single cell RNA sequencing and B-cell receptor repertoire analysis to investigate B-cell maturation and B-cell receptor specification. In 2015 she received a prestigious Dutch Veni grant allowing her to study B-cell development in primary immunodeficiency disorders, such as common variable immunodeficiency. Currently, her primary research focusses on studying B-cell and B-cell receptor development in the germinal centre of healthy individuals, immunodeficient patients and patients suffering from immune dysregulation associated with auto-immunity. Within Target-to-B! she is coordinating BCR repertoire analyses in WP2 and 5.
5 recent publications related to B-cells and antibodies
- van Schouwenburg PA*, IJspeert H*, Pico-Knijnenburg I, Dalm VASH, van Hagen PM, van Zessen D, Stubbs AP, Patel SY, van der Burg M Identification of CVID Patients With Defects in Immune Repertoire Formation or Specification. Front Immunol. 2018 Nov 23;9:2545 *Shared first auteur
- IJspeert H*, van Schouwenburg PA*, Pico-Knijnenburg I, Loeffen J, Brugieres L, Driessen GJ, Blattmann C, Suerink M, Januszkiewicz-Lewandowska D, Azizi AA, Seidel MG, Jacobs H, van der Burg M. Repertoire Sequencing of B Cells Elucidates the Role of UNG and Mismatch Repair Proteins in Somatic Hypermutation in Humans. Front Immunol. 2019 Aug 27;10:1913. *Shared first auteur
- IJspeert H*, van Schouwenburg PA*, van Zessen D, Pico-Knijnenburg I, Stubbs AP, van der Burg M. Antigen Receptor Galaxy: A User-Friendly, Web-Based Tool for Analysis and Visualization of T and B Cell Receptor Repertoire Data. J Immunol. 2017 May;198:4156-4165 *Shared first auteur
- IJspeert H, van Schouwenburg PA, van Zessen D, Pico-Knijnenburg I, Driessen GJ, Stubbs AP, van der Burg M. Evaluation of the antigen-experienced B-cell receptor repertoire in healthy children and adults. Frontiers in Immunology. 2016 Oct 17;7:410 *Shared first auteur
- van Schouwenburg PA*, Davenport EE*, Kienzler AK, et al. Identifying genes involved in common variable immune deficiency disorders: an integrated whole genome sequencing and RNA sequencing approach. Clin Immunol. 2015 Oct;160(2):301-14 *Shared first auteur
Full publication list: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ADG103oAAAAJ&hl=nl&oi=ao
Member of work package 2 and 5.